[Gambas-user] Window size issue when moving Gambas3 program from Ubuntu to XUbuntu

PM47 mapp.paul at ...626...
Mon Apr 8 23:24:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a Gambas 3 program that has been developed under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and
presents a main window exactly 1024 x 768 pixels. If I copy the program to a
machine running XUbuntu 12.04, using exactly the same up to date version of
Gambas 3 from the nemh ppa, it presents a main window exactly 7/8ths of the
size, it all works perfectly, it's just smaller with everything scaled
perfectly. Unfortunately it's designed to fit the XUbuntu screen size of
1024 x 768, but it doesn't :-(

This is not a hardware issue as this process works fine if I run standard
Ubuntu 12.04 on the smaller machine, it's only shown up since I loaded
XUbuntu 12.04.

If I open and edit the main form on the XUbuntu machine to be the correct
size it's fine, but editing a full screen form on a machine with a display
the same size is not exactly convenient.

Wierd - any suggestions please ??