[Gambas-user] watch+fclock = Error opening terminal: unknown.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Apr 6 00:47:48 CEST 2013

Le 06/04/2013 00:14, abbat81 a écrit :
> It's is to difficult.
>
> But can be  much easy.
>
> All I need is to start my application again if it will be closed. Nothing
> more to INPUT/OUTPUT.
>
> A working command is:
> "watch flock -n /home/user/Shell.lock /home/user/Onix_Shell.gambas"
>
> But it works only in terminal, not in Gambas:
>   Shell "watch flock -n /home/user/Shell.lock /home/user/Onix_Shell.gambas"
>
> I do not understand, why I get "Error opening terminal: unknown."
>
> Anyway, if "watch" can't watch for my application to be running, the easy
> way to do it is new watch.gambas
> with:
>
> Public Sub Timer1_Timer()
>    Shell "flock -n /home/user/Shell.lock /home/user/Onix_Shell.gambas"
> End

OK, but please read the documentation: "FOR INPUT OUTPUT" is not just
for watching process i/o. It tells Gambas to run the executed program in
a virtual terminal, which may be needed according to the error message
you get.

Benoît Minisini