[Gambas-user] watch+fclock = Error opening terminal: unknown.

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Fri Apr 5 23:48:59 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 14:14 -0700, abbat81 wrote:
> Thaks for reply.
>
> I don't need input/outout.

I don't know if you need input/output. You just asked if the command
could be run in an other manner and the answer to that is Exec.

Do you need to feed the command input?
Do you need to react to some output of the command?
If the answer to both questions is no you do not need input/output.

> All I need is to make "watch" to run my application every 2 sec. if it down.

I suggest you study watch command to know what it needs/does so you know
how to implement.

If it does need input/output you will need to implement it as a process

Public Sub Initialise()

   Dim $hProcess As Process

   $hProcess = Exec [.....] For Input Output As "Process"

End

Public Sub Process_Read()

   Dim sLine As String
   sLine = Read #Last, -256
   ' Next your code to check input and react with output if needed
   ' Use Print for output.
   ' Check output of command in a terminal

End

--