[Gambas-user] Output to Libre Office Writer ??

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Apr 3 19:36:01 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 10:13 -0700, rocko wrote:
> Ok thanks for suggestions.
>
> I'm now having problems with zipping the files.
> I "m naming the files dynamically with the first name of the
> person from my database.
>
> But the zip command sometimes saves the file as a zip not .odt.
> Why it does this I don't know, actually it does this a lot/
>
> I'm using this as my zip code:
> zip -r " & sFirst & ".odt ." Wait

zip -h2 in a terminal gives you more detailed instructions on use of zip

zip -r NameOfZipFile FileOrFolderToAdd

NameOfZipFile in your case is sFirst & ".odt"
FileOrFolderToAdd is the place you unzipped the original .odt to and
where you replaces some content.

Dim sCommand, sPath As String
sPath = User.Home & "place you unzipped and modified the content of odt"
sCommand = "zip -r " & sFirst & ".odt " & sPath
Shell sCommand

Watch the spaces in the strings as they are important!!