[Gambas-user] Gambas error messages

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 19 14:03:37 CEST 2012

Le 19/09/2012 13:55, jm a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Gambas runs on Linux and I was just wondering if it can do more
> with regards to error messages when it is run.
>
> I've got a MK802 with A10 ARM running Lubuntu.
> Gambas2 seems to download and install from repository.
> When run nothing happens.
> When run from command line it does nothing.
> (Reading raspberry pi forums where they use ARM and have gambas working,
>   this type of error is down to missing libs.)
>
> Doing "gambas2 --help" does nothing.
> (Doing "gambas3 --help" doesn't do conventional help
> message on Ubuntu Linux.)
>
> I was just wondering if it is possible to make gambas
> behave more like other applications so that its command
> line responses are more in line with expectations
> in a Linux environment.
>
> e.g.
> gambas3 --help : generate command line options

That's possible, even if gambas3 has no command line options.

> gambas3 -v [project] : puts gambas into verbose mode that
> prints a message before checking for a dependent lib
> so that if it crashed a meaningful guess can be made as to
> where to look for a fix.

There I don't understand : gambas3 is the IDE, it is a GUI program. If
you have missing libs, gambas3 is not compiled. And if it is, you will
have error messages on the command line when running it. If you try to
open a project which need components that are not install, you will have
errors message boxes.

So maybe you should try to give more details on how you installed gambas
on your system, and more details on your system (no idea what a MK802
is...). ARM systems are quite different.

Benoît Minisini