[Gambas-user] Gambas error messages

jm joem at ...2671...
Wed Sep 19 13:55:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

Gambas runs on Linux and I was just wondering if it can do more
with regards to error messages when it is run.

I've got a MK802 with A10 ARM running Lubuntu.
Gambas2 seems to download and install from repository.
When run nothing happens.
When run from command line it does nothing.
(Reading raspberry pi forums where they use ARM and have gambas working,
 this type of error is down to missing libs.)

Doing "gambas2 --help" does nothing.
(Doing "gambas3 --help" doesn't do conventional help
message on Ubuntu Linux.)

I was just wondering if it is possible to make gambas
behave more like other applications so that its command
line responses are more in line with expectations
in a Linux environment.

e.g.
gambas3 --help : generate command line options
gambas3 -v [project] : puts gambas into verbose mode that
prints a message before checking for a dependent lib
so that if it crashed a meaningful guess can be made as to
where to look for a fix.