[Gambas-user] Using Gambas for Apache cgi

Wed Sep 19 12:01:27 CEST 2012

Am 18.09.2012 20:47, schrieb Rolf Schmidt:
> Hi Rolf-Werner
>
>> But Apache has some problem with it. I configured the cgi-bin as above
>> (actually not me, but it's the default). Apache looks for it and
>> seemingly it DOES find it but it complaints with a 500 Internal Error
>> page and in /var/log/apache2/suexec.log we can read something about
>> gid/uid mismatch.
>
> All files must be accessible by the user/group the apache is running
> with. On Debian systems it is www-data:www-data. Make a chown on your
> files. Never give the files executable right for everybody.
>
> Gruß
> Rolf

Just tried it this way, but it doesn't help. Strange...

You mean the .gambas files, right? Not env, gbr, gbx etc.?

There is a test/test.cgi in the cgi-bin, it's not www-data:www-data and
it runs fine. The .gambas file does run when started from a terminal, so
the Gambas side seems to work fine. Apache seems to find the .gambas
file and start it. It all boils down to some misunderstanding of Apache
with how to handle it.

Grüße
Rolf-Werner