[Gambas-user] How do I replace Image transparent background with a white background?

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Tue Sep 18 20:07:38 CEST 2012

On 18/09/2012, Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> This is an internal QT4/GTK+/LXDE stuff I think. By default, Gambas
> tells the window manager that the window top-left corner coordinates are
> 0,0. Then the window manager does what it wants. Maybe GTK+ internally
> check the panels and fix the Gambas coordinates?

Maybe, as a workaround, I could check the position of the panel in
FMain's Form_Show(). If it is at the top (or on the left side) I could
check its origin and add its height (or width) and position my screen
accordingly. It's worth exploring, but I'll leave it for now. Thank
you for the insight.

> This is a bug in GTK+ themes that mimic QT4 ones (for example
> oxygen-gtk). I can't do anything against that. I will try to send a bug
> report to the oxygen-gtk developers. For other themes, I don't know...

It is only a minor blemish which I think I can live with. At least it
gives us a quick way to determine which gb toolkit is in use :-)

> This has been fixed in revision #5175. Now copying images to the
> clipboard is safe!

That is fantastic. I have started to figure out a patch for 3.1.1. If
I get it to work I will file the bug report with Mageia and give
Matteo a nudge. Thank you again,

Richard