[Gambas-user] Using Gambas for Apache cgi

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 17 21:46:19 CEST 2012

Le 17/09/2012 21:41, Demosthenes Koptsis a écrit :
> Στις 17/9/2012 20:52, ο/η Tobias Boege έγραψε:
>> On Mon, 17 Sep 2012, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Long time ago I set up a Gambas application in my internal server for
>>> cgi. I do remember there was some tweaking of Apache confs to tell it to
>>> accept .gambas and .gbs as a cgi program, but I don't remember what it
>>> was. Now I have tried to install this on another server, but of course
>>> it wasn't as simple as just copying the binaries into cgi-bin.
>>>
>>> Can one of you guys point me to it? I already searched my apache config
>>> files, but I didn't find where I have changed something.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Rolf
>>>
>> Hi Rolf,
>>
>> my answer is as always: Hans (you know him?) already did this and wrote a
>> paper (in german). I don't mind (and he doesn't mind me) sending it along
>> with everything else he felt to put in that tarball back then (Gambas2
>> times). Since I last sent it to someone I actually tested it out and it
>> indeed worked on our school server ;-)
>>
>> Apache configuration is not much of that paper, I hope you find it
>> useful; any credit to Hans.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the tarball (even only the PDF xz-compressed) appears to
>> be >512 KiB (must have been the reason I never really wanted to send it to
>> the list) and so I'll send it to you via private mail.
>>
>> Benoit, may I finally send the whole archive to the list (read: Are you
>> inclined to approve that ~1.5 MiB archive?)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tobi

> Hi there,
>
> see the main server how it configs a cgi-bin directory.
> in mine for www is
>
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
> <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
> AllowOverride None
> Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> a similar config must be in your virtual host for its cgi-bin directory
>
> For more Apache configs see the official Apache docs.
>
> After that you have to create a script in an text editor with this line
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/gbs3
>
> or wherever gbs3 is located at your system
>
> this binary can run gambas scripts from console.
>
> i used it to write a gambas console script as cgi but Benoit suggests to
> use instead a binary gambas file but i cant figure out how to run a
> test.gambas file as cgi.

Hu??? If you can run any script (file beginning with "#!") as CGI
script, then you run any gambas executable, that are script too. The
only requirement is that "gbr3" and "gbx3" directory *must be in the
PATH environmental variable*. Because Gambas executable start with "#!
/usr/bin/env gbr3".

Benoît Minisini