[Gambas-user] gambas3 gtk printer object problems

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 16 16:59:34 CEST 2012

Le 15/09/2012 19:57, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Salut Benoît,
>
> I try to stay in the thread.
> On gtk and qt4 printer - setup, if you enter at 'pages' (from-to)
> a higher number into 'from' then in 'to' the printer-object set the 'to'
> to 'from' , but keeps the old 'from' value.
>
> 'from' = 10 , 'to' is 1, after leafing Printer.Configure() you find
>          Printer.FirstPage = 10
>          Printer.LastPage  = 10
> So even 'by hand' you'v got no chance!

Hi,

Here are a few comments and the fixes you will get with revision #5170:

- You must reset the FirstPage and LastPage properties before calling
Print() on each PDF page. Otherwise nothing is printed: it tries to
always print the page one, whereas the Printer object is configured to
print pages 15-19.

- Because of the previous mistake, a bug in gb.qt4 comes: the printer
object was not reset to an inactive state. Fixed!

- Another fix in gb.gtk: FirstPage and LastPage now should correctly
always return zero if all pages must be printed.

- As for the last problem with 'from' being higher than 'to'. This is
handled by the toolkit, and I don't see why it should be a problem if
when 'from' is greater than 'to', then 'to' is ignored and only the
'from' page is printed. To print all pages, you just have to set
FirstPage to zero.

Benoît Minisini