[Gambas-user] gambas3, question about printer and sending files to the printer

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 10 15:47:52 CEST 2012

Le 10/09/2012 10:35, Charlie Reinl a écrit :

> Salut Richard,
>
> thank you,
> yes I do it in a similar way, but I want to avoid all that code, because
> the printer object do and control that.
> What he needs is the possibility to send a file with the Printer.Print()
> function to the printer

Technically GTK+ allows to send a file directly to a printer, but not
QT4. Moreover, it does not work all the time: some printers can process
PDF files, some cannot. It depends on the driver apparently.

So maybe there is a command-line tool that allows to send the PDF
directly to the printer, but then that command-line tool must take the
configuration as arguments. Otherwise there is no solution to your problem.

Benoît Minisini