[Gambas-user] Rev 5129+ gb.desktop

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Thu Sep 6 20:58:48 CEST 2012

I have checked the three locations for file association lists
mentioned on the page referenced above. I can confitm Bruce's findings
on my Mageia2 system. The ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
file has the two sections [Default Applications] and [Added
Associations] where the latter is those associations the user may have
created using context menu "Open with..." options in the file manager.

The /etc/xdg/libfm/pref.apps.conf file only has entries for a browser
and a mail client which are the only two configurable associations
available using the LXDE desktop app;"Preferred Applications"
(libfm-pref-apps).

The user's preferred applications file in
~/.config/libfm/pref-apps.conf is essentially the per-user override
for the browser and mail client system settings.