[Gambas-user] Suggestion for gb.settings component

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Oct 19 14:19:16 CEST 2012

Le 19/10/2012 14:14, Christer Johansson a écrit :

> When using gb.settings to write to existing .conf files I noticed
> it automaticly removed all comments lines.
>
> It would be great if it leaved the exisiting comments intact since
> when dealing with large .conf files comments are IMHO invaluable to
> have in there.
>
> Just an idea and hope it makes sense...
>
> /CJ

I'm afraid not: the order of how things are written to the *.conf files
are not guaranteed. Moreover, the syntax may change in the future, for
example becoming a binary file (don't worry, it won't).

Benoît Minisini