[Gambas-user] gb3 latest revision and 3-3.3.3 segfault

Sat Oct 13 08:35:02 CEST 2012

On 10/12/2012 05:03 PM, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> Delete source folders and do svn checkout as normal user, then run this
> script.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gbx3 /usr/local/bin/gbc3 /usr/local/bin/gba3
> /usr/local/bin/gbi3
> sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/gambas3
> sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/gambas3
> sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gambas3
> sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gambas3.gambas
>
> sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gbx3 /usr/bin/gbc3 /usr/bin/gba3 /usr/bin/gbi3
> sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/gambas3
> sudo rm -rf /usr/share/gambas3
> sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas3
> sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas3.gambas
>
> cd ~/trunk
> ( ./reconf-all && ./configure -C && make && sudo make install ) >
> ~/Desktop/compile.log 2>&1
>
> If something is still wrong send compressed compile.log.

It appears based on the success of your script that the problem had to
do with old installed GAMBAS files being left on my system prior to the
change away from the "local" directory. Perhaps the OS was trying to use
some files in the local directories and other files elsewhere, creating
expected version mismatch during execution. Why using sudo to compile,
etc., seemed to circumvent this is a mystery.

At least I have it under control now and know what to do in the future.
Thanks everyone for helping.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues