[Gambas-user] Release 3.3.1, gtk ColourChooser is somewhat broken

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Oct 1 16:02:33 CEST 2012

Le 01/10/2012 04:31, RICHARD WALKER a écrit :
>> Just installed a rebuilt >>>3.3.2<<< rpm and my test project passed with
>> flying colours (or colors?)
>
> It was just a typo in the original message now corrected.
>
> The "flying colours" reference is an idiomatic expression of possibly
> military origin which originally meant something like "proudly
> identifying the regimental presence on the battlefield
> (colours==regimental flag)" and now it just means that the test has
> been achieved with honour.

> PS. I have a program now, not much bigger than the OnScreenDisplay
> example program, which uses the colour and font chooser widgets
> together with a sprinkling of image manipulation commands. It includes
> example png and svg images. It can be used to produce simple
> combinations of images and text with rudimentary styling.
>
> It may make a useful addition to the examples suite in the Drawing or
> Image categories. Is there a proper way to submit it for approval?

You must ensure that:

- It is correctly indented.

- Variable, functions... have good names. Following the convention of
the IDE source code is a must.

- It is english (some examples are not in english, but this is not a
good idea).

When I will check that the way of doing things is right. I mean, if it
is an example of what to do, it should do things right. Or it will be an
example of what not to do.

Benoît Minisini