[Gambas-user] Release 3.3.1, gtk ColourChooser is somewhat broken

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Mon Oct 1 04:31:18 CEST 2012

>Just installed a rebuilt >>>3.3.2<<< rpm and my test project passed with
>flying colours (or colors?)

It was just a typo in the original message now corrected.

The "flying colours" reference is an idiomatic expression of possibly
military origin which originally meant something like "proudly
identifying the regimental presence on the battlefield
(colours==regimental flag)" and now it just means that the test has
been achieved with honour.

PS. I have a program now, not much bigger than the OnScreenDisplay
example program, which uses the colour and font chooser widgets
together with a sprinkling of image manipulation commands. It includes
example png and svg images. It can be used to produce simple
combinations of images and text with rudimentary styling.

It may make a useful addition to the examples suite in the Drawing or
Image categories. Is there a proper way to submit it for approval?