[Gambas-user] Failed to launch GambasGears example on Ubuntu 12.10 64 bits (DejaVuSans ttf error)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 15 23:12:03 CET 2012

Le 15/11/2012 23:01, laurent bernabe a écrit :
> Hello, thanks for your answer.
>
> But I did not installed Gambas3 by a compilation of the sources.

Ok, I thought so.

>     - First, I've installed the following ppa :  ppa:nemh/gambas3
>     - Then I installed gambas3
>     - Then I installed libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev
>     libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev (thanks to an answer from this
>     mailing list)
>     - Then I installed gb.sdl

If these packages are correctly made, you have no libraries to install
beside the gambas3 packages. The dependencies are automatically installed.

> But when I tried the project GambasGears3, I got a signal 11 error.

Can you try to run the example through the debugger or valgrind?

To do that (for the debugger):

- Save the GambasGears3 project somewhere in your home directory. Let's
name it $(foo)

- In a terminal, type:

	$ cd $(foo)
	$ gdb gbx3
	(gdb) run

- Then the program should crash, and you will get the gdb prompt:

	(gdb) bt

- Then send me the result of that `bt` command.

Thanks.

--
Benoît Minisini