[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

Sun Nov 11 02:42:46 CET 2012

> > Did you try to install the test deb I attached with previous mail?
>
> I just tried, it opens with gdebi but the Install Package button stays
> disabled. So no installing possible.

OK, so the package is really faulty.
Could it be problem with deb tools?

Versions from virtual machine (that produced non-working deb):

$ dpkg-buildpackage --version
Debian dpkg-buildpackage version 1.16.1.2.

And with synaptic, debhelper version is 9.20120115ubuntu3.

> I guess I would have to package the exact same source code to compare,
> don't you think so?

Oh yes, of course. Attached.

> Your and Johns installions have been done recently. Has
> something changed in 3.3.3 packages meanwhile?

According to PPAs website, no...
https://launchpad.net/~nemh/+archive/gambas3

> I do have trouble with Sebikul Daily Builds PPA since last update
> (yesetrday or the day before) in another of my VMs.
> After updating from PPA (that always worked well) when starting Gambas
> from menu nothing happens.

Source code was non-compiling for a moment. Maybe some problems because of
that?
I always compile Gambas from source.

Jussi