[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Nov 11 02:06:18 CET 2012

On Sun, 2012-11-11 at 02:40 +0200, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> Did you try to install the test deb I attached with previous mail?

I just tried, it opens with gdebi but the Install Package button stays
disabled. So no installing possible.

> [...]
> vendor): -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
> dpkg-buildpackage: export CXXFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin:
> vendor): -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
> -Wformat-security
> dpkg-buildpackage: export FFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin:
> vendor): -g -O2
> dpkg-buildpackage: export LDFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin:
> vendor): -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
> dpkg-buildpackage: source package debtestwith3-3-3
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.0-1
> dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by messer <messer at ...3041...>
> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
>  dpkg-source --before-build debtestwith3-3-3-0.0
>  debian/rules clean
> dh_testdir
> dh_testroot
> rm -Rf `find . -name ".gambas"`
> rm -Rf `find . -name "*.gambas"`
> rm -f build-stamp install-stamp
> dh_clean
>  dpkg-source -b debtestwith3-3-3-0.0
> dpkg-source: warning: no source format specified in
> debian/source/format, see dpkg-source(1)
> dpkg-source: info: using source format `1.0'
> dpkg-source: info: building debtestwith3-3-3 in
> debtestwith3-3-3_0.0.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: building debtestwith3-3-3 in
> debtestwith3-3-3_0.0-1.diff.gz
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file
> src/DebTestWith3.3.3/DebTestWith3.3.3.gambas
> dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory
> src/DebTestWith3.3.3/.gambas
> dpkg-source: info: building debtestwith3-3-3 in
> debtestwith3-3-3_0.0-1.dsc
>  debian/rules build
> dh_testdir
> touch build-stamp
> /usr/bin/gbc3 -e -a -g  src/DebTestWith3.3.3
> OK
> gba3 src/DebTestWith3.3.3
>  debian/rules binary
> dh_testdir
> dh_testroot
> dh_clean -k
> dh_clean: dh_clean -k is deprecated; use dh_prep instead
> dh_installdirs
> touch install-stamp
> dh_testdir -i
> dh_testroot -i
> dh_installdocs -i
> dh_installchangelogs -i
> dh_install -i
> dh_installmenu
> dh_compress -i
> dh_fixperms -i
> dh_installdeb -i
> dh_gencontrol -i
> dh_md5sums -i
> dh_builddeb -i
> dpkg-deb: building package `debtestwith3-3-3' in
> `../debtestwith3-3-3_0.0-1_all.deb'.
> dh_testdir
>  dpkg-genchanges  >../debtestwith3-3-3_0.0-1_amd64.changes
> dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
>  dpkg-source --after-build debtestwith3-3-3-0.0
> dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)
>
> Is there any difference when you make actually working package?

I guess I would have to package the exact same source code to compare,
don't you think so?

>         It's been there a while so it would be strange it would cause
>         problems
>         only now. As I said i have made several 3.3.3 packages (.deb)
>         since and
>         no problems there, not even when packaging from Johns source
>         of Control
>         Center.
>
> What synaptic says about installed gambas-runtime version(s)?

See attached screenshot (on it Synaptic and software sources).
I'm running Linux Mint 13 with Mate desktop (not in a VM).
I have several VM's with Kendek PPA (Kubuntu 12.04, Lubuntu 12.04,
Ubuntu 12.04 and even Debian Squeeze) and none of them is giving me any
trouble when installing .deb packages I packaged on my Linux Mint 13.

all my installations from PPA Kendek date from last time he updated from
3.3.2 to 3.3.3. Your and Johns installions have been done recently. Has
something changed in 3.3.3 packages meanwhile?

I do have trouble with Sebikul Daily Builds PPA since last update
(yesetrday or the day before) in another of my VMs.
After updating from PPA (that always worked well) when starting Gambas
from menu nothing happens.

When starting from terminal I get Error #2 Cannot load class
'TableView':Cannot load parent class: Cannot load class 'GridView':
Unable to load class file.
See other attachment -> this was after removing and reinstalling from
Sebikul Daily Builds as the update gave this same problem, so I hoped
removing and reinstalling would help.)

PPA problems it seems but only with recent installs.

> Jussi

Willy