[Gambas-user] The "Shell" Command

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Nov 10 21:22:18 CET 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 17:27 +0200, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> I installed Gambas3 from Kendek's repository to my virtual machine.
> Debs made with that version doesn't work at all!, just now and then

Funny, I packaged Control Center with Kendek PPA version as well.
Installed it and it run fine. Send it to John and it run fine as well.
Been working with Kendek PPA ever since Gambas3 as there aren't a lot
alternatives on Ubuntu based distros.
Never had any problems packaging and distributing them.

> I get "Dependency not satisfiable: gambas3-runtime (<3.1.90)" when I try to
> install them.
> Installed runtime is 3.3.3~precise1.
>
> To that same virtual machine I can install debs made with latest
> development version of Gambas
> (and the control-center app works prefectly with that).
>
> I have no clue what is going on. Faulty package made with Gambas 3.3.3 is
> attached.
> But maybe the problem is in how Gambas is packaged in Kendek's repository.

It's been there a while so it would be strange it would cause problems
only now. As I said i have made several 3.3.3 packages (.deb) since and
no problems there, not even when packaging from Johns source of Control
Center.

> I don't know much about debs, so I hope someone else understands where the
> error is.
> Benoit?
>
> Jussi

Willy