[Gambas-user] gb3 on pclinuxos - builds OK but IDE is blank

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed May 16 05:50:00 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

I've been struggling with this for over a week now with no success, so I
need some help.

I have a client with a new pclinuxos distro. When I install gambas3 from
the svn it all appears to build and install properly, but when I start
the IDE all I get is a blank screen. (attached)

The build environment is as follows:
Compilation requirements
------------------------
gcc (GCC) 4.5.2
g++ (GCC) 4.5.2
automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65
libtool (GNU libtool) 2.2.10

Interpreter library requirements
--------------------------------
libffi 3.0.8

QT4
---
Qt4 version 4.7.3

All required libraries are present on the system (i.e. configure says
"|| ALL COMPONENTS WILL BE COMPILED" ) and the build completes (apart
from some "usual" warnings about deprecated conversion from string
constant to 'char* and some moc warnings that I believe are also normal,
e.g. "CLCDNumber.h:0: Warning: No relevant classes found. No output
generated.".

Today I have done the following:
svn up trunk
cd trunk
(su) make uninstall
make clean
(./reconf-all;.configure -C;make)>../gb3build.txt 2>&1
(su)
make install >../gb3install.txt 2>&1

I have attached the entire build and install outputs in the compressed
file gb3output.tar.gz

To further confuse me, I can run .gambas files compiled on this machine
prior to its being reloaded with pclinuxos OK.  These include gb.gui and
gb.qt4 linked apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Bruce