[Gambas-user] Two bugs/issues noted

Christer Johansson lists at ...2828...
Mon May 14 19:01:03 CEST 2012

Yes.

>Where do you run the program from exactly?

I run it from the shell on a headless NAS running Debian Lenny (ARM)
with the following Gambas3 components installed...

  gambas3-gb-net          3.1.90+svn20120501+r470   The Gambas networking
component
  gambas3-gb-net-curl     3.1.90+svn20120501+r470   The Gambas advanced
networking component
  gambas3-gb-net-smtp     3.1.90+svn20120501+r470   Gambas component to use
smtp protocol
  gambas3-gb-settings     3.1.90+svn20120501+r470   Gambas utilities class
  gambas3-runtime         3.1.90+svn20120501+r470   The Gambas runtime

I agree that this is wierd...

I just recompiled the same code in Gambas2 2.23.1 and tried it on the NAS
and
the same code works fine (i.e the screen clears and prints the expected text
every second). For Gambas2 I have the following components installed...

  gambas2-gb-net          2.23.1-1+b1               The Gambas networking
component
  gambas2-runtime         2.23.1-1+b1               The Gambas runtime

With Gambas3 there is no output to the shell at all but if I remove the
"Shell "clear" Wait" line and re-run the program outputs the expected result
every second!?

As previously mention it also works when running on my Xubuntu 11.04 machine
used for developing, i.e the full Gambas3 installed.

Just guessing here but maybe something changed and the "shell" command
somehow
depends on some other component being available (even if the dep. listing
doesn't say so)?

/CJ