[Gambas-user] Bug trying to use gb.ncurses component

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri May 11 20:53:42 CEST 2012

Le 11/05/2012 20:29, tobi a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> if I could read it correctly (you know why I began developing gb.ncurses? I have no X running, I had
> to use my framebuffer web browser to view the image, so I hope, it rendered the picture entirely)
> that, utilising my little french knowledge, Window.Top was incorrectly overridden, right?
> According to that message, there must be another Window class already loaded that gets overridden by
> gb.ncurses' Window class (or vice versa). Do you use any GUI-related components? I haven't found in
> the docs any Window.Top symbol but I may be wrong (there are .Top symbols in the graphical
> components, don't know if they are somehow involved). I have never tried to run gb.ncurses in the
> IDE and I suppose further that it would not work since ncurses wants a terminal to run in - AFAIK -
> and I really can't say if the IDE console is a PTY or something that ncurses accepts.
>
> However, if you have enabled GUI components, try to disable them.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

By the way, I suggest that you rename the Top() and Bottom() methods as
Raise() and Lower(), to mimic the GUI components.

Methods should normally be verbs, and properties names.

Benoît Minisini