[Gambas-user] Bug trying to use gb.ncurses component

tobi tobiasboege01 at ...1601...
Fri May 11 20:29:33 CEST 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012, linuxos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use then gb.ncurses component but I have the following
> message:
>
> See attached screenshot
>
> I load a project in the IDE and I select gb.ncurses to use.
> The message appear when I start running the project.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem or not ?
>
> Thanks
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> Gambas3 rev#4720
>
> [System]
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=2.6.35.14-106.fc14.i686
> Architecture=i686
> Memory=2060036 kB
> DistributionVendor=redhat
> DistributionRelease=Fedora release 14 (Laughlin)
> Desktop=Gnome
>
> [Gambas 2]
> Version=2.23.0
> Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx2
>
> [Gambas 3]
> Version=3.1.90
> Path=/usr/bin/gbx3
>
> [Libraries]
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.7.4
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2200.0
>
> --
>
> Olivier Cruilles
> Mail: linuxos at ...1896...

Hi,

if I could read it correctly (you know why I began developing gb.ncurses? I have no X running, I had
to use my framebuffer web browser to view the image, so I hope, it rendered the picture entirely)
that, utilising my little french knowledge, Window.Top was incorrectly overridden, right?
According to that message, there must be another Window class already loaded that gets overridden by
gb.ncurses' Window class (or vice versa). Do you use any GUI-related components? I haven't found in
the docs any Window.Top symbol but I may be wrong (there are .Top symbols in the graphical
components, don't know if they are somehow involved). I have never tried to run gb.ncurses in the
IDE and I suppose further that it would not work since ncurses wants a terminal to run in - AFAIK -
and I really can't say if the IDE console is a PTY or something that ncurses accepts.

However, if you have enabled GUI components, try to disable them.

Regards,
Tobi