[Gambas-user] About library and component packaging in Gambas 3

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Tue May 1 13:44:12 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 12:22 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:

> > Not sure about this as far as the autotools packager is concerned.
> > The icon.png is certainly in the gzip file (but is this because
> > autotools is a "source" level package?)
>

> autotools is not reliable at the moment as it didn't get the same recent
> modifications as the other package types.

Lately the autotools package has been very stable!  In fact that is how
we are currently distributing the apps to 28 customers (yes, I lost a
couple to a very feature poor windows web based app... but they'll be
back!)

I wrote a gambas app that runs the autotools "extract / reconf /
configure / make" series and that gets them updated with very few
problems.  If I could just find a way of running the "su/sudo/whatever
make install" bit across 28 different "distros" I'd be ecstatic!

My comment was only an observation regarding the inclusion of project
icons in packages.

rgrds
Bruce