[Gambas-user] Strange Keyboard Behavior

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 11 00:49:25 CET 2012

Le 10/03/2012 15:30, Bill-Lancaster a écrit :

> Gambas3, Ubuntu 12.04
> I have one project (a large one) where editing code has become impossible.
> The result of any keystroke seems to random.  For example a line of code has
> Date)>= '2009-04-06' AND TRansDate>= If the 6 in 2009-04-06 is removed
> using the delete key, it remains but the space following 06' disappears!
> Sometimes the cursor is positioned in the middle of a character.  Creating a
> new blank form still has the problem.
> I've just installed Gambas3 and Ubuntu 12.04 on a new hard drive but this
> behavior has only recently set in.
> Any advice would be welcome.
> Bill Lancaster

The Gambas 3 IDE uses the gb.qt4 component. Check which version of Qt is
installed on your system.

Recently Ubuntu upgraded to Qt 4.8, and apparently it changed the way
text was drawn on the screen.

Check which widget theme you are using (i.e. note it, and change it to
see if it changes anything).

If you use Ubuntu + Unity or Gnome, Qt applications like the Gambas 3
IDE uses the "GTK+" Qt theme that uses the current GTK theme to draw the
Qt widgets.

Try to use KDE or XFCE or LXDE to see if it changes anything.

Check the screen resolution in DPI as configured by the X server
(xdpyinfo command).

Check which antialiasing mode is used (which hinting, which sub-pixel
antialiasing mode).

Benoît Minisini