[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.2.0

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jun 30 16:53:13 CEST 2012

Le 30/06/2012 16:00, Bruce a écrit :
> On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 15:25 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have uploaded the Gambas 3.2 source package on sourceforge:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gambas/files/gambas3/gambas3-3.2.0.tar.bz2/download
>>
>> Please try it, and if there is no problem, I will make the release public.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Hi Benoît,
>
> Could I ask a small favour?  Could you include in release notices like
> this, whether or not they are "pre-" or actual releases, a note as to
> which source revision you took as the base.
>
> The reason being, that I need to be able to "bookmark" the release to
> the revision, so I can keep our more adventurous clients calm until we
> have tested and OK'd our code against it.
>
> It's 23:10 here and I just know that I'm going to get at least 3 phone
> calls early tomorrow (Sunday) morning, "Oh, should I update to the 3.2.0
> code?".
>
> Apologies, we are a bit "lost at sea" at the moment as our colleague who
> usually takes care of managing our code releases with the Gambas
> revisions is currently very ill and none of the rest of us are up to his
> skills.
>
> regards
> Bruce

The mail subject starts with "Pre-release...", wasn't it clear?

If there is no link to the 3.2.0 package on the gambas.sf.net web site,
then that means this is not public, and that only advanced user should
test it.

--
Benoît Minisini