[Gambas-user] Components and libraries and forms. Weird Sunday

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jun 18 12:19:49 CEST 2012

Le 17/06/2012 12:59, Bruce a écrit :
> No bugs or questions this time.  Just some observations.
>
> 1) Using a library that contains an exposed form.
>
> If a library exposes a form then when using that library in the IDE in
> another project, I see a "magical" method called $Load is exposed.  I'm
> not sure what this method is for, nor can I find it anywhere in the IDE
> code.  But it does have a strange effect...
>
> In the client project
>
>    Dim myform as New LibraryForm1
>    myform.$Load()
>    myform.ShowDialog
>
> (where LibraryForm1 is the form exposed in the library)
> results in a form with twice its' contents.  Strange.

'$load' is the method that creates the controls in a form. It is called
automatically from the constructor. So if you call it yourself, you have
twice the controls.

The name of this method may change at my will unexpectedly, so don't
rely on it. This is why it is not documented.

> 2) Using a component that depends on a library
>
> I accidentally installed a project that was suppose to be a library as a
> component today.  That all went well, but as you would expect the client
> project falls over, "Can't find class blahblah etc."  The point being,
> shouldn't there be some sort of rule somewhere that stops a project
> being compiled (and therefore installed) as a component when it depends
> on libraries?

I don't understand. Is it a component or not? And why shouldn't a
component depend on a library?

--
Benoît Minisini