[Gambas-user] Components and libraries and forms. Weird Sunday

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Jun 17 12:59:29 CEST 2012

No bugs or questions this time.  Just some observations.

1) Using a library that contains an exposed form.

If a library exposes a form then when using that library in the IDE in
another project, I see a "magical" method called $Load is exposed.  I'm
not sure what this method is for, nor can I find it anywhere in the IDE
code.  But it does have a strange effect...

In the client project

  Dim myform as New LibraryForm1
  myform.$Load()
  myform.ShowDialog

(where LibraryForm1 is the form exposed in the library)
results in a form with twice its' contents.  Strange.

2) Using a component that depends on a library

I accidentally installed a project that was suppose to be a library as a
component today.  That all went well, but as you would expect the client
project falls over, "Can't find class blahblah etc."  The point being,
shouldn't there be some sort of rule somewhere that stops a project
being compiled (and therefore installed) as a component when it depends
on libraries?

Enough.
and good night.

Bruce