[Gambas-user] Access global variable from other .class

Fri Jun 15 22:43:37 CEST 2012

> If I remember correctly, you can even save more work by using gb.desktop,
> Desktop.RunAsRoot() which
> builds on top of the portland xdg scripts.

Before writing anything I should always check what gb.desktop contains...

But there seems to be bugs.

I tried 'Desktop.RunAsRoot("whoami")'.
All I got is: " xdg-su: no graphical method available for invoking 'whoami'
as 'root'"

I have gksudo installed ( in /usr/bin/gksudo ) and working.
So perhaps Gambas ships broken version of this script..?

Also "xdg-screensaver activate" doesn't work (Desktop.ScreenSaver.Activate).
Either the version of that script already installed to my system (xdg-su
wasn't installed at all).

Xubuntu 12.04 64 bit.
Screensaver in use is XScreenSaver 5.15, and GKsu is version 2.0.2.

Jussi