[Gambas-user] Error with XmlWriter tag in gb.xml

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Fri Jun 15 12:18:24 CEST 2012

2012/6/15 Ru Vuott <vuott at ...325...>

> Hello, Adrien,
>
> I communicated your report to our friend of italian forum. He answered
> (obviously he cannot updated and try rev.4829):
>
> ****
>
> Fixed not think so, because already there are obvious anomalies in the
> source.

Anomalies ? Where ?

> Now I'm trying to use XmlDocument instead of XmlReader / XmlWriter, and I
> think it also works if you have a completely different logic, but closer to
> other library other languages​​.
>
> I'm thinking that perhaps the idea of the developer is to eliminate the
> two classes XmlReader / Writer, in favor of further classes more dynamic ...

The idea is not to "eliminate" XmlReader and XmlWriter. For two reasons :

- They still can be very useful. The new XmlReader and XmlWriter are not
made for little documents (as said, the others are more dynamic), but they
are made for streams.
For example, you can "connect" a TCP socket to XmlReader and Writer, and
they will read/write the XML for you. Here is a little example with
XmlReader (the page is in french, but the program is in english) :
http://www.gambasforge.org/code-63-xmltalk.html.

- For compatibility reasons. Before the new gb.xml arrived, the
XmlDocument/XmlNode classes were very poor (unusable). So, everyone use
XmlReader and XmlWriter...

Regards,
Adrien.