[Gambas-user] QtBasic = Q7Basic some interesting features

Wed Jun 13 15:32:21 CEST 2012

Am 13.06.2012 13:29, schrieb Demosthenes Koptsis:
> Hello i would like to inform you about a basic language perhaps you may
> already know.
>
> The old KBasic is now Q7Basic
> http://www.q7basic.org/
>
> This project has some nice features, it is an object oriented Basic
> compiler which generates equivalent C++ code, managing QT widgets and
> classes natively !
> This means that you write in Basic language Qt code.
> The compiler makes for you C++ files and a Qt Project that can be opened
> in QtCreator.

> example for a PushButton with object name "a":
> Signal on_a_clicked(Checked As Boolean)
>
>       MsgBox("on_a_clicked")
>
>       Dim w As QWidget = OpenWindow("window1")' returned qwidget is
> useable when it is still open only
>
> End Signal

> It is object oriented
> It supports polymorphism
> It uses ui files and QtDesigner as GUI builder
> You can use C++ libs in your Basic Source code !!!
> and more, see the site.
>
> Actually has been going to be named QtBasic but this was not able due
> some copyright laws and the project named Q7Basic.
>
> Benoit see it you can evaluate it better and see if there are any nice
> features for Gambas

I guess I know that guy who has been maintaining this project for quite
some years now. Compared to how long he's worked on it, Gambas has by
far more matured... When he started, it was intended to be open source.
We had a lot of contact then, and I had even started to write and
translate the documentation. There was a lively community, and work went on.

Then suddenly he decided to make it "his own project" for he had
"already invested the major part of the work into it". Everyone left -
included me - and I haven't heared much of the project since then.

So, just my 2 cents...

Regards

Rolf