[Gambas-user] How to display a VU meter

Grant Taylor zl1wtt at ...43...
Tue Jun 12 03:31:33 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently work on my multimedia software I have got it working with both Mplayer and VLC. Is there a simple way to write code to work in with the desktop sound mixer to display a VU meter? I need to read both input and output settings to generate a visual display. My aim is monitor sound levels been sent out to my sound card from Mplayer or VLC.  I'm looking around for example on how to do this but not found any so far. I also would like find out more about plugging in and out of sound cards from Gambas?

Grant