[Gambas-user] Question on distribution of Gambas3 libraries

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Mon Jun 11 22:37:35 CEST 2012

Current situation:
If a distribute an application to end users that contain a dependent
Gambas3 library I need to make these end users aware of the fact that
they first need to install this library or my application would not
install.

This somehow seems to confuse some end users.

My question to the development team:
Is it possible to make packaging in Gambas possible in such a way that,
in case a Gambas library is used by a project, some sort of multi
application package is made that contains both the application and the
dependend library?
This so that when end users installs the application, the library
contained in the package is installed before the application (but all in
one install).

I'm not a packager and have no idea on these matters, but instaling
Gambas (from my point of view) seems to be some sort of multi package as
well.

I.M.H.O this would enhance the ease of distributing applications to end
users a lot and would using Gambas libraries in distributed applications
a lot easier.

Willy