[Gambas-user] Window position error on applying stored "geometry"

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sat Jun 9 20:18:51 CEST 2012

> Gambas 3.2 will be released soon, so maybe it is not worth it?
>
> The bug was in gb.gtk. I misunderstood the GDK functions about monitors
> & screens and how the full screen size must be computed. Now gb.gtk and
> gb.qt4 should behave the same.

I think I might agree that waiting for the 3.2 release would be a
practical way to go, but for one thing; Mageia 2 users would be
dependent on a "backport" type release to reap all of the benefits. As
it is the v3.1.1 in Mageia 2 repository has been retro-fitted with a
DrawingArea bug-fix, but in general the update mechanism Mageia
operates will not normally go to a new version. I will see if Matteo
Pasotti has a view on this - he is one of the packagers.

In the meantime I will get to learn a little more about how Gambas is
structured by seeing if I can isolate the changes you implemented to
fix this issue and, perhaps, get it into a form which can be applied
to the 3.1.1 release.

Thanks again, Benoît