[Gambas-user] Problems building Gambas3 on Mageia2

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Wed Jun 6 02:42:06 CEST 2012

The long preparation, configuring making and installing of Gambas
3.1.90, revision #4809 I think, completed without apparent error.

Part of the preparation was to fetch the Mageia 2 Gambas 3 (sounds
like a football score) source rpm (version 3.1.1) and install it so
that I could (1) get any of the missing build requirements, and (2)
test build to check the environment. The rpm rebuild was trouble-free
and all have been installed. So far, so good.

I have uninstalled the 3.1.1 packages and done the reconf-all,
configure, make bit. This took several hours, with a two hour car
journey in the middle, but from shaky memory the only advisories I got
were about jit and gnome desktop not being built.

When it came to installing everything I was belatedly advised that
several components were missing:
gb.qt4
gb.qt4.opengl
gb.xml.rpc
gb.xml
gb.xml.rpc
gb.xml.rpc
gb.xml.rpc

Probably as a consequence, I could not get anything to work; ide,
previously built gambas projects, no menu entries, that sort of thing.

So I was wondering, are there some new requirements for building the
current Gambas 3 over and above those which are used to build version
3.1.1?

Richard