[Gambas-user] Window position error on applying stored "geometry"

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Mon Jun 4 21:55:19 CEST 2012

On 03/06/2012, Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> I need a way to simulate two screens on my single monitor so that I can
> debug and fix the problem. If you know how to do that, it will help me!

Hi Benoît,

Your wish is my command. Now all I have to do is sort out a little
mouse problem and we might soon have a simulated Xinerama 2-screen
environment on a single monitor.

At the moment I get either the mouse stopping half way across the
pseudo-Xinerama screen, or it gets the whole way across but I have to
use a "dummy" screen of the same dimensions from which the mouse
coords are read. Make sense to you? I have to admit I am struggling to
understand what is going on. At least the test-bed Gambas project
unmistakably fails when it is closed in the second "screen".

I am using two tools which are packaged for Mageia, so should be
fairly common in most distros; Xephyr and Xdmx - both X-servers. The
difficulty is in getting the magic right for input events.  More, as
soon as...

Richard