[Gambas-user] Installing runtime in Centos6

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Sun Jun 3 11:56:42 CEST 2012

El 02/06/12 19:48, Jesus escribió:
> El 02/06/12 14:41, Bruce escribió:
>> On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 14:03 +0200, Jesus wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Well, a friend of mine is running into problems to have the Gambas3
>>> runtime installed on a VPS server running Centos6.
>>>
>>> It seems to be a kind of mismatch with libc6 versions, so if someone
>>> have a clue about what's going on here, he will be grateful.
>>>
>>> This is a grep for libc related packages currently on that system:
>> A grep of what?
>
> Mmm, actually I don't know where this list come from...
>

>>> glibc-devel-2.5-81.el5_8.2
>>> compat-glibc-headers-2.3.4-2.26
>>> libcap-devel-1.10-26
>>> compat-libcom_err-1.0-7
>>> glibc-2.5-81.el5_8.2
>>> libcap-1.10-26
>>> glibc-2.5-81.el5_8.2
>>> glibc-devel-2.5-81.el5_8.2
>>> compat-glibc-2.3.4-2.26
>>> libcroco-0.6.1-2.1
>>> glibc-headers-2.5-81.el5_8.2
>>> libc-client-2004g-2.2.1
>>> libcroco-devel-0.6.1-2.1
>>> glibc-common-2.5-81.el5_8.2
>>>
>>> Now, when trying to install the rpm package:
>> which rpm package? where did it come from?  Fedora what/ which repo?
>>>
>>> rpm -i server/gambas3-runtime.rpm
>>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>>            libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit) is needed by
>>> gambas3-runtime-3.1.1-2.fc18.x86_64
>>
>> fc18???  I thought fc17 was the latest stable release.  This looks a
>> little bit experimental.
>>>
>>> Yes, it seems he's using the Fedora rpm package, but this might not be a
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> Is there any chance to get this solved, or perhaps trying to compile
>>> from sources is the best bet?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>

>> locate is better than trying to grep "who-knows-what"
>>
>> 	locate lib/libc
>>
>> on mine shows that there is a /lib/libc.so.6
>> and
>>
>> 	file /lib/libc.so.6
>>
>> shows that it is a symbolic link to 'libc-2.12.so' i.e. the actual
>> library in /lib
>>

>> Using foreign binaries is a game of Russian roulette, the only chances
>> you have are "pure dumb luck" or a great deal of checking every little
>> detail before pulling that trigger.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Bruce
>

> You're right. That's the same advice I just gave him. I will move your
> questions to my friend and I will be back with more information.
>

> Thanks, Bruce

Hi

The libc6 version is the same as yours, but he doesn't remember where
the rpm was downloaded.

Is there any trusted centos repository containing the gambas3 runtime he
could try? If not, I think the best way is compiling from sources.

Thanks for your time.

--
Jesus Guardon