[Gambas-user] Raises the event

Ivan Kern ivan-kern at ...308...
Tue Jul 17 12:29:10 CEST 2012

Hi,
I mean, if  FUNCTION or SUB in my component is not STATIC and I try call it from my
application I get an error message “FUNCTION... is not static.

Thank you, Ivan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bruce [mailto:bbruen at ...2308...]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Juli 2012 11:57
An: mailing list for gambas users
Betreff: Re: [Gambas-user] Raises the event

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 10:12 +0200, Ivan Kern wrote:
> Hi,
> What I need is raising an event in my own component.
> If I declare my FUNCTION or SUB as STATIC and try to raise an event
> from this function, I get error message "Cannot raise event in static
> function." But if that is not STATIC and I try call it from my
> application I get an error message “FUNCTION is not static”.
>
> Sorry for my English.
>
> Ivan

Ah! I think I may see something.  Please explain a bit more about what you mean by "But if that is not STATIC and I try call it from my application".

In the meantime, here is a couple of source archives for you to study.
I have only implemented the "demo_staticRaise" as a library in "demo_staticraise2" but maybe it will help.

Bruce