[Gambas-user] how can I run gambas applications on windows

Mon Jan 30 21:51:38 CET 2012

On 01/30/2012 11:17 AM, Randall Morgan wrote:
> Gambas does not run on windows nor does it compile windows programs. So you
> either run the application remotely or you port your programs from Gambas
> to VB or C/C++.  I do believe that the basic interpreter for version 1 or 2
> would build under cywin but do not think that was ever official and it did
> not provide a GUI.
>
> There was at onetime someone trying to port Gambas to windows. I don't
> think that project exists anymore. Perhaps you'd like to locate that person
> and take up his work?

You might want to take a look at andLinux, which runs Ubuntu inside
Windows but without a desktop (it has a program launcher in the Windows
desktop for Ubuntu apps):

http://www.andlinux.org/reqs.php

It may be possible to get GAMBAS working in that and have the andLinux
launcher run your GAMBAS app directly from an icon in Windows.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues