[Gambas-user] chmod?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 9 13:42:50 CET 2012

Le 07/01/2012 17:20, tobias a écrit :
> bbruen at ...2308... wrote:
>> Quoting tobias<tobiasboe1 at ...20...>:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i can't find any interface (except Extern or Exec) to chmod(2) in
>>> gambas. is there one? i think there should...
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> tobi
>>
>> I was going to say Stat.Perm but I had never realized that it is read only.
>> I agree that there should be one.
>> Bruce

> to revive this one... if it is appreciated, i'll try to write a class or
>    something (i'll see...) to provide the functionality. (i remember
> there is a page on the wiki on how to program classes in c for gambas...)

There is two reasons why there is no support for chmod(), chown()...

1) That way I was sure that Gambas programs will not try to change file
security without notice.

2) There were not really Windows-compatible.

Now:

1) It is a false sense of security, and there is the EXTERN keyword now.
A better solution would be "sandboxing" the interpreter, by adding some
configuration to forbid some dangerous features on demand.

2) I don't care anymore with Windows compatibility.

So I may add some instructions or functions for that features. I will see.

Benoît Minisini