[Gambas-user] How to make Class file to Library for use in other Gambas applications

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Feb 23 02:31:57 CET 2012

On do, 2012-02-23 at 02:18 +0100, Willy Raets wrote:
> On wo, 2012-02-22 at 19:34 +0100, Willy Raets wrote:
> > > Now back to Gambas 2, see if what Bruce explained can be done in real
> > > life :-) Bit more work the Gambas 2 way, doing a component. And I see
> > > some distribution problems there as well. How to install such a library
> > > along with your app that needs the libary?
>
> Okay making my component in Gambas 2 worked.
> Have it at my use in all Gambas 2 projects, really nice.
>
> Here is the next problem I encounter.
> How to distribute the component together with the application that uses
> it.

Oeps, a bit to fast, forgot to check the documentation on that...
Sorry..., but yet still a question.
Documentation says (this is Gambas 2 documentation):

If you want to distribute your component, you will have to name it by
following a precise scheme, so that components packages do not conflict.
The name of your component will have to be: gambas3-vendor-name

naming it gambas3-vendor-name makes little sense.
shouldn't that be gambas2-vendor-name? Is it a typo?

Thanks,

Willy