[Gambas-user] Issue 206 in gambas: Can't compile Gambas3

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Thu Feb 2 13:29:16 CET 2012

I got the stable Gambas3 (i.e. 3.0) from kendek's Launchpad ppa for
Ubuntu Lucid: using Synaptic (i.e. apt-get) to download those packages.
As I previously said, that version of Gambas3 (e.g. gambas3.gambas) has
installed to /usr/bin (which happens to also be the place where Gambas2
(e.g. gambas2.gambas) is resident created by installing the appropriate
packages from Ubuntu Lucid's canonical repos).

When I try to install the trunk version of Gambas3 using subversion
(i.e. the command stated on Gambas's Documentation Subversion page), it
installs to /usr/local/bin. I've emailed kendek to try & clarify the
situation. I think that my system gets confused by these 2 versions of
Gambas3. To solve the problem, I think that I only have to uninstall
kendek's packages). Is that reasonable?

Regarding deleting the .svn directory, it is on the root directory and
have last dates modified of 2010 & 2008 so I'm reluctant to touch them.
There is an .subversion directory on my home directory so I could delete
that. Similarly, I can delete the trunk directory. However, I would only
do that if removing kendek's packages didn't solve the problem.