[Gambas-user] Fwd: Re: Paginate doesn't clear page

Tue Dec 18 08:17:34 CET 2012

Am 17.12.2012 21:36, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 17/12/2012 12:18, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> Benoit,
>>
>> Have you found time to verify this? Am I doing something wrong, or is it
>> a feature? :-)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> Maybe we misunderstood there. You must remove the drawing code from the
> Paginate event. Did you do that?
>
> Paginate has nothing to do with actual drawing. Everything is done in
> the Draw event handler, which is called once for each page.
>
> Each time the Draw event is raised, a new page is started on the printer
> (except for the first one of course). If your page is not blank at
> drawing start, only then this is a bug/
>
> So if you have a non-wanted behaviour after removing the drawing code
> from the Paginate event handler, please send me a little project that
> reproduces it, and tell me if you are using GTK+ or QT.
>
> Thanks.

Yes I did misunderstand the meaning of paginate here, I think.

What is paginate good for, if I cannot try printing PRIOR TO actually
printing and see how many pages I will get?

So this is what I expected: When it is unclear how many pages my
document will produce (maybe I want to print a longer list), I make a
dry run using paginate, writing everything into the paginate "null
device" to see "ok, we will get 4 pages out of it", so I can make things
like "page 3/4" etc.

But as you said, this is not what it is meant to be for, so please
enlighten me about its real use, because I don't see any :-))

Thank you!

Rolf