[Gambas-user] Bug on MediaTagList with some files

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 15 23:42:29 CET 2012

Le 16/12/2012 00:34, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :
> Le Sat, 15 Dec 2012 22:09:31 -0000, Benoît Minisini
> <gambas at ...1...> a écrit:
>
>> Le 15/12/2012 15:46, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :

>>> It works for that file, but with another one I have a new error message
>>> now : "Unsupported property datatype".
>>>
>>> Here is the file : http://dl.free.fr/niWYCQNM3
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> Is it better with revision #5439?
>>

> Much better, thanks. :-)
>
> Just a last little question on gb.media (I'm discovering GStreamer) : I'd
> like to get the tags of all the files in my music folder, and to store
> them into a compressed XML file, so that I won't have to fully rescan the
> folder each time I start my app.
>
> The only way I found to retreive the tags is to have a second MediaPlayer
> in background, to set its URL property and to call its Pause() method.
> When I see that the player has reached the Pause state (with the State
> event), I stop the player and then repeat the process for the next file.
>
> Do you know if there is a "cleaner" method (that doesn't open and close an
> audio stream for each file and make PulseAudio overloaded) ?
>
> Thanks in advance (and for your work). :-)
>
> Regards,

The tags are emitted while the media is playing in GStreamer, so try to
replace the audio output of the MediaPlayer by some GStreamer element
that does nothing (look in the documentation, it must exist). That way,
you won't send any sound anywhere.

Otherwise I don't know if there is another way with GStreamer.

Benoît Minisini