[Gambas-user] Bug on MediaTagList with some files

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sun Dec 16 00:34:54 CET 2012

Le Sat, 15 Dec 2012 22:09:31 -0000, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

> Le 15/12/2012 15:46, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit :
>> Le Sat, 15 Dec 2012 02:28:13 -0000, Benoît Minisini
>> <gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

>>> It should be fixed in revision #5436.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> It works for that file, but with another one I have a new error message
>> now : "Unsupported property datatype".
>>
>> Here is the file : http://dl.free.fr/niWYCQNM3
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Is it better with revision #5439?

Much better, thanks. :-)

Just a last little question on gb.media (I'm discovering GStreamer) : I'd
like to get the tags of all the files in my music folder, and to store
them into a compressed XML file, so that I won't have to fully rescan the
folder each time I start my app.

The only way I found to retreive the tags is to have a second MediaPlayer
in background, to set its URL property and to call its Pause() method.
When I see that the player has reached the Pause state (with the State
event), I stop the player and then repeat the process for the next file.

Do you know if there is a "cleaner" method (that doesn't open and close an
audio stream for each file and make PulseAudio overloaded) ?

Thanks in advance (and for your work). :-)

Adrien Prokopowicz