[Gambas-user] Question about a Qt translation warning

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Dec 10 12:55:47 CET 2012

Le 10/12/2012 12:41, Robynsveil a écrit :
> Hi, I'm running Gambas 3.3.4 in Linux Mint 13 64-bit, with the Qt4
> development set installed (hoping I'm describing this adequately). Oh, and I
> live in Australia.
> I've created a form... when I "Run" it, Console reports:
>
> gb.qt4: warning: unable to load Qt translation: en_AU.UTF-8
>
> I've installed qt4-linguist-tools:
> /This package contains lupdate and lrelease. lupdate is a command line tool
> that finds the translatable strings in the specified source, header and
> Qt Designer interface files, and produces or updates .ts translation files.
> lrelease is a command line tool that produces QM files out of TS files./
>
> I've also installed gettext (including -base, po-debconf) ... just about
> anything that looked like it might satisfy the "GNU Translation Tools"
> requirement as suggested by Benoit Minisini in another thread/post. I have
> searched everything I could on this forum and have googled the issue as
> well, but with no definitive answers.
>
> I guess my question is: is this warning going to eventually be a
> show-stopper or is it safe to ignore?

Yes. It is just that Qt is not provided with all possible translations.
When the Gambas programs starts and loads the Qt library, it tells it
which is the system language, then I try to find the corresponding Qt
translation, I don't find it, and I print that message.

The Qt translation is mainly used for standard Qt dialogs, or the popup
menu of a TextBox...

Benoît Minisini