[Gambas-user] Question about a Qt translation warning

Robynsveil robynsveil at ...626...
Mon Dec 10 12:41:23 CET 2012

Hi, I'm running Gambas 3.3.4 in Linux Mint 13 64-bit, with the Qt4
development set installed (hoping I'm describing this adequately). Oh, and I
live in Australia.
I've created a form... when I "Run" it, Console reports:

gb.qt4: warning: unable to load Qt translation: en_AU.UTF-8

I've installed qt4-linguist-tools:
/This package contains lupdate and lrelease. lupdate is a command line tool
that finds the translatable strings in the specified source, header and
Qt Designer interface files, and produces or updates .ts translation files.
lrelease is a command line tool that produces QM files out of TS files./

I've also installed gettext (including -base, po-debconf) ... just about
anything that looked like it might satisfy the "GNU Translation Tools"
requirement as suggested by Benoit Minisini in another thread/post. I have
searched everything I could on this forum and have googled the issue as
well, but with no definitive answers.

I guess my question is: is this warning going to eventually be a
show-stopper or is it safe to ignore? At this point, the form that generates
the warning doesn't do much besides look pretty :-/ - eventually, it will be
driven by a little SQLite database. Open to any and all suggestions...
thanks in advance.

Oh and: Gambas is a fantastic program!! I made my little form in *no time*
flat... the GUI is very clean and works a treat, and the docs available are
clear and generously detailed. Thank you!!