[Gambas-user] getting dataview to expand??

rocko sunblaster5 at ...626...
Wed Aug 29 23:09:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 20:37 +0200, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2012/8/29 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...>:
> > HARRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!
> >

> > WHAT ?
> >

> > The dataview need to be in a datasource to wor ... but a data source
> > is a container .
> >
> > THis container Have a arrangement property...
> >
> > The arrangement autoresize his content ... it's like in html.
> >
> > SO for you ...
> >
> > In your form you put a datasource and in it a dataview then on the
> > bottom in the form you put for example a button.
> >

> > set the form arrangement at vertical, the expand property of the
> > datasource at true, and the arrangement of the datasource at fill
> > set spacing of form at true and padding at true.
> >
> > or you can define margin in pixel.
> >
> > taddda...
> >

> > THis is oe of the power of gambas ... normally you will never (or just
> > in rare case )  have to use the _resize event.
> >
> > Just play to try with containers (vbox,hbox,panel, vpanel,hpanel) and
> > properties (ignore, expand, arrangement, margin, padding, spacing),
> > put in it  diffrent object or objects with different colors to
> > understand how it work... it is really powerfull ... all the ide is
> > based on it... and all the graphic components too .
> >

> > --
> > Fabien Bodard

Thanks Fabien that's about 90% what I want.
The 10% I dont want is the Button fills up entire bottom/vertical space,
depending on which property I have the arraignment set to.

Can I add a container for the button so It doesn't expand ??

rocko <sunblaster5 at ...626...>