[Gambas-user] Shadow effects... please tell if you like it...

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Fri Aug 24 14:18:03 CEST 2012

> The shadow means that the GridView inner pass "under" the headers.
> Something like that:
>

>           (1)                      (2)
>           ------      (3)       ------
>                .=--------------=.
>               /  _            _  \
>            |  | / \          / \ |  |
>            |  \___/          \___/  |
>            \                        /
>             `--->              <---'
>

> (1) Left border
> (2) Right border
> (3) Inner canvas
>
> The equal signs is the shadow.
>
> "No shadow" means that we are at one end of the "roller".
>
> I need more testimonies to know if you are the only one that don't see
> the inner inside the borders but outside. Otherwise I can't take a decision.

To be brutally honest, I don't see the need for any of it at all.
The scroll bars tell me where I am and have done so for many years.

To be even more brutal, where is the "go away" option?

Just to be a bit more objective, we have tried for some months now to
make our UI as flat as possible, as some of our users are outdoors at
and prior to dawn. The last thing they would want is some shadowing
effect on the (laptop) screen that makes things at the edges harder to read.

Well, you wanted opinions :-)

Bruce